Environmental & Courtyard Club
Club Begins: 10/21/2020
Advisor: Mr. Lothian
For more information about this club please email:
WELCOME TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB!!!
YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DEDICATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!!!
This year we will be involved in many activities ranging from:
- Designing and implementing strategies for a GREEN SCHOOL
- Designing and maintaining a courtyard sanctuary
- Beautification and restoration of our own school grounds
- Recycling paper and aluminum products throughout the school
- Designing habitats within the classroom setting
- Understanding ideal growth requirements for plants/ animals
- Documenting behavior/ growth of plants and animals in tested situations
- Plant reproduction
- Breeding fish
- And much more…
Student/ Teacher Awareness Committee
Design posters, bulletin boards, fliers, organize fundraisers, research current topics in the environment, design green solutions
Outdoor Hoover Committee
Maintain courtyard, create a nature walk, clean and green the Hoover grounds, new plantings and ideas for courtyard
Develop new ways to promote recycling, collect and organize paper recycling from the building, create “green” notepads, etc.
Classroom Care Committee
Care for plants and animals within a classroom setting, maintain and clean habitats, develop breeding strategies, and more