Welcome to Student Council!
6,7 & 8th Grade Students
Advisors: Mrs. Degnan & Mrs. Parcells
Meeting Day: Wednesday- 3PM
Student Council is a unique, collaborative group of students who care about others and want to have an important leadership role in their school. Our general meeting day is WEDNESDAY after school. All students who join Student Council will need to walk home or be picked up by a parent/guardian.
Space in this club is limited. If you cannot commit to attending Wednesday after school meetings, please do not apply. Student Council applications are available in Room 232 (Parcells) or Room 203 (Degnan).
What WE will do:
- Prepare and plan for school activities
- Create and help run fundraisers
- Identify areas in need of improvement in our school and advocate for positive change
- Seek opportunities to build community between Hoover and the Edison community.
We are LOOKING FOR STUDENTS who:
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and work well with others.
- Attend meetings, participate in committee work, and attend Student Council sponsored activities
- Meet academic and behavioral standards in your classes
- Check the Student Council classroom and your email to know when and where meetings are scheduled
- Complete projects and activities at home
- Possess the desire to make HHMS a better place!!