Herbert Hoover Middle School
Communication Procedures for Parents
“How do I communicate with my child’s teacher?”
If a parent/guardian has a concern with one class, please complete the steps below:
1. Logon to the parent portal. You can email each teacher directly from the current schedule.
2. Call the main office and leave a message for the teacher (instruction cannot be interrupted).
3. The teacher will respond to phone message/email within 48 hours.
4. At the time of the conversation, the parent/guardian should discuss questions, concerns, etc.
5. If necessary, the teacher/parent can arrange a conference for a mutually convenient time.
If a parent/guardian has a concern with more than one class, please complete the steps below:
1. Call the guidance office and ask to speak to the child’s school counselor.
2. The school counselor will arrange a meeting during “team time” – a time
when grade level teachers can meet with the parent/guardian, school counselor,
and student to discuss concerns.
3. Team meeting times take place during the school day (during the
grade level elective or phys. ed. period).
It will take a few days for the counselor to arrange the meeting
with the parents and the team.